Angry Liberal Mommy

Every day there's a story in the newspapers that just pisses me off! Few forums I've visited offer civilized political discourse--they all seem to degenerate into name calling. So get angry, give your opinion, or just read 'em and weep for our warped society.

Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm Back, Baby!

After many weeks of trying to get the time & energy to post, circumstances in our Nation's capital (and elsewhere) force me to post...

First off, just how psychotically Christian is our president when Bill Frist is supporting stem cell research? I mean, Frist is the man who diagnosed Terri Schiavo as someone just in need of a little therapy, based on a videotape! Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it? The pro-embryonic stem cell research crowd now has a new slogan---"Stem cell research; Even Bill Frist approves".

Second item: Is God mad at the Boy Scouts? Last week, four Scout leaders were killed by electrocution. This week, lightning strikes a group of Boy Scouts in California, leaving one child brain dead and injuring seven others. I realize that this isn't a laughing matter, but can this be a coincidence? And the manner of their injuries is sort of suspicious, too. Is the Big Man trying to send a message? Oh, and is anyone else disturbed by the casual mention at the end of the first article that the Pentagon, until recently, financially supported the Boy Scouts of America????

In related news, the electric companies are making money, oil companies are making money, why aren't we making money? Big business is booming, and studies show consumers are spending like crazy, but is it spending, or increasing our personal debts? The gold collar kids are running themselves into deep debt and then moving back in with Mommy and Daddy. Thanks, parents. You're providing us with yet another generation of whiny, Holden Caufieldesque adults who have no idea of how to take care of themselves.

My biggest story of the day, however...Speaking of Big Energy, congress has finally approved money for exploration into some new forms of energy to wean our dependence away from oil. Wow, let's see--we've got coal--COAL! Are we in the year 1870? Anyone who grew up in the "coal region" of Pennsylvania (shudder) can tell you that coal is incredibly filthy. Ahhh I can reminisce about waking up on snowy mornings, as a child, and looking out on all that pristine soot, blackening the snow in everyone's yard. Also, the scenery created by strip mining is not to be beaten! Nothing but black fields of coal dirt for miles, with nary a tree in sight--ahhhh coal! Perhaps the new jobs referred to in the article are for chimney sweeps?

And nuclear power (perhaps Bush has finally learned to pronounce it, so we are moving forward with it)...who (in Pennsylvania, again) can forget Three Mile Island? Did someone say Chernobyl? Yet I'll bet every congressman in Pennsylvania voted for this because of the powerful energy lobbies.

How about solar energy, for Christ's sake? We live in Arizona where it is sunny 364 days a year, and we can't promote solar energy?

I'm depressed now. Thanks America.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Roxy said…

    Solar energy - bah. Why would we want to use something so efficient and good for us?

    I'm so glad that we are showing the "gold collar kids" how to run America.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger john sweet said…

    Angry Liberal Mommy... I don't remember you being this angry in the past (except when Gwen read her poetry). BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Must be that damned husband of yours.

    Well, at least I get to hear from you vicariously through your anger. Keep up the Mommy revolution!!

    Uncle Monster

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said…

    You're so true to your Blog title. Good for you!
    Glad to see that you're back in business here.
    The thing about the boy scouts was uncanny, wasn't it? We said pretty much the same thing here while watching report after report of the lightening and accident stories that week. Wowser.It wasn't a very good span of time to be a boy scout (or leader).

    Nice ranting Krys.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    .




    teletext holidays


    Hi matey and blog buddies, enjoyed the blog most interesting. Not sure how well you are doing in driving more traffic to your blog but If you are interested in promoting your site and getting more visitors (aren't we all??) I would definitely recommend the free Link Referral Program.

    I have a website featuring teletext holidays amongst other stuff and after trying every seo software/program on the net I got tipped off by an IT techi mate that the Link Referral Program was the best - more importantly it's free!!

    The signup process was quick and before long my hits increased dramatically. Consequently my affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS my website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

    If you didn't need this advice then I am sorry but you did have anonymous posting enabled on your blog. If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)









    the Link Referral Program

    .

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howԁy I am so happy I founԁ yοuг weblog, I
    rеallу found you by mistaκe,
    while Ӏ was brοwѕing on Google fοr ѕomething else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and woulԁ just like to sаy kudos for a marvelous poѕt anԁ a all rοund intеresting blog (I alѕo
    love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great work.

    My web blog - health insurance companies

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been broωsing online mоre thаn 3 hours today, yet I never found any interеsting article like yours.

    Ӏt's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

    Here is my web-site buy hcg drops (http://Dailyconsumernews.ca)

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If some оne wisheѕ to be updateԁ wіth newest technologies afterωarԁ he must be go to see this site anԁ be up tо ԁatе all the time.



    my blog: Cheapest Car Insurance

     

Post a Comment

<< Home